When we spoke to film director, Izu Ojukwu, earlier this year, he tactfully hid the identity of the actress who would play the lead role in his latest movie,” Amina Queen of Zazau”.
The filmmakers were specific about who should be Amina, she had to be a “New face”, and a new face it was. She did not only dedicate her time to the movie for the sake of the recognition that was to come but the intensity of the story which she hungrily wants the audience to connect to, the intention was to make sure that people left the theatre feeling a rough yet timely connection to the heroine Amina.
We were pleasantly surprised when we discovered that Lucy Ameh would play Amina. Lucy scaled through a rigorous audition process to get the role and then went through an intense training process to transform to Amina.
Here are five things you should know about Lucy:
- Lucy is from Benue State but was born and grew up in Kaduna State, Nigeria. She holds a BSC in Mass Communications from NTA TV College Jos affiliated to ABU Zaria, she also holds a diploma in Law from the University of Jos.
- In 2010, she starred in Ishaya Bako’s highly acclaimed ‘Braids on a Bald Head’, her career got a major boost and producers took interest in her
- She has since starred in several productions, including: Bariga Sugar, Revolution, Learning Curves, Unfair, Gloom, Band of Five, O-Town, Handcuff, Fallen Angel, Dise Secrets, The Councillor, Dagger, Goldlyne, Six of Us etc.
- She won Best Actress in 2013 at the Legacy Film Festival, Jos, Double Best Actress winner at the Kaduna Entertainment Awards in 2014 and 2015, nominee Best Actress at the Zuma Film Festival 2012 and she was awarded a recognition Award for Excellence by the Kaduna State Government in 2016.
- Besides acting, Lucy is also a wedding planner, a businesswoman and has a heart for helping people thus she is a philanthropist and entrepreneur. She has a few favourite movies actors like, Genevieve Nnaji, Morris Chestnut, Ramsey Noah and Eva Longoria amongst others